background

Friday, May 18

Friday's Freezer Friendly ~ Iced coffee

I love this recipe in the hot summer months. On mornings when I wake and its already 80 degrees I can't drink hot coffee. This gives me my coffee fix but is cold and refreshing too! It's a great recipe to play with. This time I used Starbucks vanilla coffee. YUM. And of course, you can pick a variety of different coffee creamers. I have also used evaporated milk in place of the milk.
This recipes comes from my aunt over at http://inhotpursuitofmoreandless.blogspot.com/. 

Iced Coffee
10-12 c. of double strength coffee
1 can sweetened condensed milk (I use fat free)
1/2 c. flavored liquid creamer
optional: 1- 2c. milk (I like mine strong, so I do not add any milk!)

-Brew strong coffee by doubling the amount of coffee grounds you would normally use. *Caution: My coffee maker overflowed, making a terrible mess the first several times I tried this. I now brew 2 batches of 6c. at a time.
-When coffee is finished brewing and still hot transfer to a pitcher and whisk in sweetened condensed milk. Allow to cool.
-Add creamer and milk, if desired.
-Transfer to bottles, leaving head space for expansion during freezing. (I dug through my recycle bin and found Gatorade and Snapple jars. Yes, you can freeze glass if you leave plenty of head space. )
-To use, thaw in the fridge the night before. Shake well. Serve over ice.


No comments:

Post a Comment