background

Wednesday, May 9

Friday's Freezer Friendly on Wednesday?!?! {Mini Muffins}

Have you been following Money Saving Mom and her series "4 Weeks to Fill your Freezer"? I love her, everyday for 4 weeks she is cooking items that go straight to her freezer. I love the idea but I'm not as ambitious. This week I hope to get 2 days of freezer cooking in. Today, a quick snack for Mae, mini muffins & Friday I plan on making pizza pockets!

This recipe comes from my sister in law, Megan. But I got the idea of freezing mini muffins as a snack last week when we were grocery shopping. A woman was giving out samples of Hostess mini muffins, Cora loved the snack and so I looked at buying a box. Do you know a box of 4pks sold for $3.98! EKKKK! I made mine much cheaper and got 12 portions.

Mini Healthy Blueberry Muffins
1/2 c. butter substitute, softened
1 c. Splenda (I actually use 3/4 c. regular sugar)
1/4 c.honey
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. skim milk
1 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen

-Cream butter, sugar and honey together until fluffy.
-Beat eggs in 1 at a time. Add vanilla.
-Meanwhile, in a medium bowl add flour, baking powder and salt
-Alternately, stir in flour mixture and milk.
-Fold in blueberries
-Spoon batter into greased muffin pan, mini or regular. (B/c I used a mini pan I individually buttered each muffin. I did not want to spray Pam b/c I didn't think it would cover the pan well)
-Bake at 350 for 12 minutes (for mini muffins. 25-30 for regular muffins)
-Allow to cool in pan for 5-7 minutes.
-Remove from muffin pan and allow to cool completely.
-I then packaged them in fold over Ziploc bags, 3 per bag b/c I thought that was a nice portion for lil MaeMae.
-Then I put all the baggies into a large gallon Ziploc bag.
-These are going to be great for quick breakfasts or snacks on the go :)



1 comment:

  1. Love this! I may have to try this soon! Found your blog from Money Saving Mom!

    ReplyDelete