background

Wednesday, June 1

Camping Trip 2011

Bugs, pit toilets, cold showers, smoke, mud, rain= Vacation?!?!?!
Yes, that is how we spent our vacation,Memorial weekend, camping at Shades State Park in Indiana. I realize to many those conditions are unacceptable but to me it was a blast. I have been camping since as long as I can remember. My mom informed me my first trip was when I was 3. MaeMae is starting even younger than I! Ken and I were so excited to share our love of camping w her. Oh boy, did she enjoy it! We met up with my parents {Mom's birthday was Sunday}, my 2 older brothers and their wives and kids and my sister from OH. Our clan consisted of 8 kids needless to say there was LOTS of, bumps and bruises, dirty hands, cuts w pocket knives, escapes to the park, snitching of cookies etc. We had great food, fun hikes and warm fires. In my opinion it was the best way to kick off the start of summer!

Thinking she's big stuff!

1st Smore!

Going hiking w Dad




Too much hiking


Ken likes to give me heart attacks!

Check out Facebook for more pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Ah! These pics are GREAT! Looks like you guys had so much fun! Although, I think you should have counted Cora's real first camping trip to Yellowstone in utero! ;)

    ReplyDelete