background

Friday, June 17

Friday's Freezer Friendly Food- Cookie dough

In February Kenny me get 2 freezers! I actually got 2, an upright and a chest, both smaller versions. So far, I have LOVED having them. I have been able to stock up items and best of all prepare food and FREEZE it for later use. A popular blog meme is to share Freezer Friendly Foods on Friday!!! I'll try my best to do this every week--But I have a feeling some weeks will be skipped since we travel out of town so often! But this week's is cookie dough~
For years I have froze cookie dough. {I actually got the idea when I bought from a co-worker's child for a fund raiser. Three years later---I still use that same container} Since it's just Ken and I, freezing cookie dough works perfectly for us. It lasts in the freezer about 3 months! Ha, but I have never had it last that long!
Yesterday "B" and I made chocolate chip, per my niece's request! Here is the recipe:

1 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 c. butter, at room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 pkge chocolate chips
1/2 c. walnuts

1. Preheat oven to 375. Beat sugars w butter about 3 minutes.
2. Add vanilla and eggs. Beat for 2 minutes
3. Add flours, baking soda, salt. Beat until combined.
4. Add chocolate chips and walnuts, stir until combined
5. If baking to eat-Spoon onto cookie sheet and cool for 10-14 minutes! (Otherwise, I usually bake 4 for Ken and I and freeze the rest of the dough. Another way is to roll the dough into pre-portioned cookie balls. Place on a cookie sheet, freeze solid and then transfer to a ziploc bag or another container. Any cookie dough is able to frozen!)
This was taken after a dozen was made for us to eat :)


Usually the dough fills this 3lb. container to the rim!


No comments:

Post a Comment