background

Friday, February 11

Happy Valentines Day!

To celebrate Valentine's Day the lil guy & I made Red Velvet cupcakes :) It's a fabulous recipe that I got from watching FOOD Network, my drug!





I made these for Halloween, Orange Velvet! I also made them last year for Superbowl when the Colts were playing, Blue Velvet!
2 1/2 c. cake flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. coco powder

1 c. Buttermilk
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. white vinagar
1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. red food coloring, depending on how red you like them. 

-  Preheat oven to 350
-Sift all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- In a seperate bowl add all the wet ingredients
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and scoop into muffin pan. Fill 3/4 way to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes

Icing:
1 pkge cream cheese (8oz), room tempature
1 stick of butter, room tempature
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. powdered sugar

-Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and beat until smooth. If too thick add a splash of milk. If too thin add more powdered sugar!

A 5 yr old's work station!
I decorated the cupcakes w the 5 year old boy I watch. He loved them, ate 3 but shhhh don't tell his mom! He had a blast decorating them and after I got over them looking PERFECT I did too. At one point he mixed the 2 colors of icing, I said "Oh No, B! You mixed the colors. Now there is red in the white!" He replied "It doesn't matter" Ha, and ya know what? It didn't matter! He taught me a lesson! Enjoy these w your sweetie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment