I got this recipe from my mom years ago.I, of course, "Julified" it though!
|Tips while browning|
1- 1 1/4 lb. sirloin tips
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1 pkge fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c. beef broth
2 tsp. dry onion
1/4 c. white wine vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp corn starch
1/2 c. fat free half & half
1/2 c. fat free sour cream
1 tbsp dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
cooked whole wheat pasta
1. In a large skillet over medium/high heat, brown tips in olive oil
2. Transfer to crock pot or baking dish
3. In same skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic. Pour over meat.
4. Bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours OR cook on low heat in crock pot for 4-6 hours.
5. In skillet combine broth, vinegar, soy sauce, worchestershire sauce and dried onion. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes, it will reduce greatly!
6. In a separate bowl combine mustard, corn starch, half and half, sour cream and spices.
7. Combine cream mixture w broth mixture. (Bc the cream products are fat free they are more likely to curdle. To prevent this let broth mixture cool slightly and temper cream mixture instead of adding all at once)
8. Drain and discard any juices that accumulated from meat while baking. Pour cream sauce over meat
9. Serve over cooked whole wheat pasta