background

Friday, August 26

Friday's Freezer Friendly Food- Zucchini

I love fresh zucchini out of a summer garden! I was so upset when mine died. But I had a friend and my mother in law give me several from their garden's. I ate several fresh and others I froze! I plan to use it in breads, muffins, soups and a vegetable lasagna! I filled each bag with 2 cups because that is the quantity several of my recipes call for.

1. Start with fresh zucchini, any size. Julianne with a mandolin or food processor.
2. Put julienned zucchini and 1 tsp. salt in a colander in the sink and allow to sit for 30-45 minutes. This allows extra moisture to drain off.
3. Freeze 1 1/2 cups- 2 cups in ziploc bags or containers. (I got 6- 1quart bags)
4. When ready to use, I suggest thawing in a colander again.
I already used some for zucchini oat muffins for my Mom's Life meeting today :)

I used 2 medium and 1 large


About 12 cups of julienned zucchini

Finished muffins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment