"Movin' to the country gonna eat a lot of peaches
I'm movin' to the country I'm gonna eat me a lot of peaches
I'm movin' to the country I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country I'm gonna eat a lot of peaches......"
Peaches by Presidents of the USA
This week my Freezer Friendly Food is Peaches. I got 2 half bushels of delicious peaches from my in laws. I froze 14 quarts, canned 5 quarts/2 pints, prepared 5 half pints/1 pint of peach butter, 1 peach/blueberry crisp, ate probably more than we should have & still have 12 fresh to do something with....
|Proof of my work :)|
1. Fill a large stock pot with water about half way to the top. Bring to a light boil.
2. Drop peaches in for 30-45 seconds. Remove immediately.
3. Rinse in cold water but do not allow to soak.
4. Cut in half & twist to pull two halves apart. Remove skin (which will come off easily b/c of dipping in hot water). Remove pit. Dig out the pink center (grape fruit spoon worked great) this prevents browning.
5. Slice peaches and arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet on their "bottoms".
6. Freeze over night or until completely frozen. Transfer to Ziploc bags. (I put into quart size. Gallon would work great too since they are frozen individual. You can use what you need and put the rest back in the freezer!)
-Uses: pies/crisp, cobbler, smoothies/milkshakes, on top of yogurt/cottage cheese, or as baby food.