background

Tuesday, September 27

Rotisserie Chicken in crock pot Wins this week!

Whole "Rotisserie" Chicken in the Crock Pot
1 4-5 lb. whole chicken
1/2 onion
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. parsley
1/4 tsp. each: thyme, sage, rosemary, pepper, garlic powder & paprika

1. Rinse chicken in warm water, place in crock pot and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Combine all the spices in a small bowl and mix well.
3. Rub dry spices all over chicken. I like to pull the skin back and force the spices in between the skin and the meat. This helps keep the herbs on the chicken allowing to really penetrate the meat.
4. Roughly chop onion and place around the chicken.
5. Place breast side Down, put lid on and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8.

-When I prepare chicken this way Ken and I eat just the breasts with some sides on the first night. The following day I shred/chop the leftover chicken and use in a soup, tacos, enchiladas (tonight I am making "Lone star enchiladas" from the new Taste of Home!)

Fits perfectly in my crock pot. This is after it is rubbed down w spices. You can not see them b/c they are in between the skin and the meat!

All done. This is as I'm peeling the ICKY skin off. Now you can see the spices!
Dinner is served!
Nutritional Info: I had trouble coming up with the WW points for chicken prepared this way. Since I just ate the breast I considered it 4 pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment