background

Friday, November 11

Friday's Freezer Friendly Food- Pumpkin Puree


Did I mention that we finally got our new freezer?!?! We opted to pay a little extra and get a bigger one! So now it's time to fill it :)

Pumpkin Puree
-Start w/ as many pie pumpkins that you can get your hands on:
-Since I didn't have the muscles to cut through a raw whole pumpkin, I stuck 2 whole pumpkins on a cookie sheet in the oven at 400 degree for 1.5 hours.
-Then I was able to cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, cover tightly w/ foil (skin side down) and put it back in the oven for another hour-hour and half.
-Then the meat was tender enough to scoop into my blender to puree.
- The sizes of my pumpkins varied, one I had to cook an extra hour b/c it wasn't getting soft.
-Put it in a colander to drain off excess liquid.
-Allow to cool completely!!!
-Transfer to Ziploc bags or containers (In 2 c. quantities)

12 cups + the 3.5 that I used for the "Butternut Squash" Lasagna

One of my Favorite pumpkin recipes:
Spiced cookies w Pumpkin dip


No comments:

Post a Comment