background

Saturday, July 27

Corn Chowder


I apologize but I do not have exact measurements for this recipe. But that is what I love about it. I use whatever I have on hand & it always turns out wonderful. I decided to make this on Friday when it was raining & only a high of 75. I had 7 leftover ears of sweet corn in my fridge. Perfect!

Corn Chowder
1/2 lb. bacon (I've also used sausage)
1 medium onion, chopped
water, aprox. 4 cups
sweet corn, 6-9 ears
milk, aprox. 4 cups
2 medium-large potatoes, cubed
corn, frozen, aprox. 3 cups
salt & pepper to taste
parsley
garlic
paprika
2 Tbsp. corn starch
Toppings:
Cheese, hot sauce, tomatoes, green onions and/or sour cream

-In a large pot, cook bacon. Set aside.
-In same pot add onion, cook until tender.
-Add water to pot
-Cut the corn kernels off the cob & set aside. In the stock pot simmer the cobs in water for about 20minutes.
-Add the corn that was cut from the cobs & milk. Simmer an additional 10minutes.
-Blend w/ an immersion blender
-Add potatoes, additional corn, S&P, parsley, garlic & paprika
-In a small prep bowl add corn starch & 2 Tbsp. of water. Whisk into the soup.
-Simmer until potatoes are tender.
-Top w/ any combination of toppings
-This freezes great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment