background

Wednesday, April 3

Florida Vacation 2013

On March 20th we loaded up our new van (that we bought w this trip in mind) and headed south! We had a quick stop at Ken's sister's in Indy & picked up my sister, Rachel. That night we made it just past Nashville, TN. While driving we realized we were just behind my brother and his family. We all stayed at the same hotel that evening and ate breakfast the next morning. The second night we made it just past Orlando. Then on Friday the 22nd, right at lunch time, we made it to the Florida Keys. My parents welcomed us to the Keys w the perfect lunch at a place they picked. I started my trip off right w an awesome Mahi Mahi fish sandwich.

 

Bc we were there during Holy Week my mom did bible story time each morning w the kids. This particular morning was Palm Sunday!


Tommy played the donkey that Jesus (Cora) rode in on :)



My lil beach beauty at Bahia Honda state park


Mae had so much fun w Ken on this trip!

Our clan swimming in the OCEAN!


Cora & cousin Benny building a sand castle



Tommy


Cora Mae on her 3rd bday! We celebrated at John Pennekamp state park
Threeeeeee



Cora said the best part of her birthday was playing at the park w her cousins





Opening her Cinderella doll & play dress


Cora & Ally on a fishing bridge


This is one of the few pictures I have of Evie in the Keys. Ooops. She is never going to believe she was there!
The drive back to IL wasn't as fun, imagine that! The first night of driving we planned on staying in Chattanooga TN. But when we all started getting tired Ken went to two hotels and nothing was available! I started to feel very anxious and overwhelmed. Cora was coming down w a cough and crying bc her throat hurt & I was unable to get to her medicine. Evie was just crying bc she was awake & wanted me to hold her! Ken kept driving and I called hotels.com. I highly recommend them. I told them I needed a room that evening and I needed it right off of I24. They came through for us- got a room, cheaper than normal & at a really nice place. The second night we made it to Indy and stayed at Ken's sister and celebrated Easter the next morning.
We had such a good time. Made so many memories w our immediate family & my extended family. (Although, I realize now I didn't take enough pictures) I'm so so glad Kenny was able to get time off work (as it was in question for sometime) & I am so thankful to my parents for planning this trip.

1 comment: