background

Monday, April 8

Happy Homemaker Monday

This week is going to better than last! While I was trying to get back into the swing of things after vacation Cora Mae was super whiney. I was praying for patience throughout the day so I could get through it! She had come down w a nasty cough that was keeping her & I up at night & she was NOT her normal happy self. Thursday in the middle of the night she started crying that her ear hurt. Friday morning I called her doctor and yup, she had a double ear infection that had ruptured. Just the first 2 doses of amoxicilin and she is back to her fun self. YAY!

The weather:::




















On my reading pile::: "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhan

On my TV::: PBS cartoons bc we are up early! I love Aurthur & Martha speaks :)

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Leftover pot roast
Tuesday - Pork burgers & roasted brussel sprouts
Wednesday - Stuffed shells w our small group
Thursday - Tacos
Friday - Chicken crescents & rice
Saturday - Swedish meatballs over egg noodles
Sunday - Leftovers

On my to do list:::
  • Pay bills
  • Laundry
  • Mom's Life leadership meeting this morning
My "project" of the week Month::: Preparing for garage sale

What I am cooking::: For my freezer: baked oatmeal, taco meat & some sort of quick bread

Looking around the house::: It is dark & rainy here. Evie is sleeping in her swing while Cora & I are cuddled in the recliner!

Highlight of the past weekend::: Playing outside w Cora. She had so much fun!

Looking forward to this week::: Getting back to WBS. I missed 2 weeks while in Florida & then a third bc the group took a spring break!

Bible verse, Devotional::: A prayer from my Proverbs 31 Ministries daily devotional- Dear Lord, refine my words until they become lovely, pleasing to You, and uplifting to the people around me. Please help me stop words in mid-breath that dishonor You and tear down others. This transformation isn't easy, so I plead for Your power at work in me to change me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

From the camera:::

Our very nice neighbor brought this bike over to Cora yesterday bc his greanddaughters out grew it. She was so excited. The super annoying horn might be her favorite part ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment