background

Friday, January 21

This is what we do

Today we had a Moms Life gathering! Check out Moms Life blog!
This was my contribution to breakfast: Morning Glorious Muffins












































This is NOT my recipe. My wonderful Grandma D gave it to me. Its her favorite :) I remember she used to always have these muffins when I was there. As a kid they weren't my favorite. Ya know, because they have icky stuff in them like NUTS, COCONUT, RAISINS.......Now, just a few of my favorite ingredients! I hope you're past your "kid" stage and can enjoy them!


Morning Glorious Muffins
1 c. AP flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 c. shredded carrots
1 1/2 c. peeled and shredded apple
3/4 c. coconut
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. nuts
3 beaten eggs
1 c. oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
3.Mix together and stir just until moist.
4. Spoon into muffin pans. I use THIS muffin pan & its amazing!!
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes
Recipe says it makes 22-24 muffins. I only got 16!!
(I don't think you want to know the nutritional info but if so let me know. I've got it. Next time, I am going to try them w an egg substitute and swap the oil for applesauce this will cut almost all the fat!!!)

We had a lot of delicious food today. Thank you to all that contributed! Nicole and I worked as a team- she made sausage gravy and I made biscuits from scratch. Join us next month, February 18th!!

1 comment:

  1. I have a muffin recipe very similar to this...but instead of oil I use plain yogurt (or even vanilla). Makes them just that much healthier and adds some protein to the start of the day.

    ReplyDelete