background

Monday, January 17

Wow, Cuban Sammies was the Winner!!!

Really? I'm surprised by this result, although, the sandwiches were delicious. Honestly, I was hoping Tamale Pie would win! (This is why I don't have any pictures for this post) But I have to go with what the crowd wants, huh? If you voted for Tamale Pie, don't worry it will certainly be on here again! It's a favorite in this house!
I strayed a little bit away from a traditional Cuban sandwich, because I DIDN'T use Cuban bread or roasted, pulled pork. Next time I make a pork tenderloin or roast I'll be sure to use the leftovers in these sandwiches. Bare with me because I do not have an exact recipe- this is what I did.......

Makes 2 Sandwiches:
1/2 loaf French bread, or any specialty type of rolls
ham slices, or deli ham
pickles
mustard
spicy brown mustard
2 slices Swiss cheese


Preheat your panini press (Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Panis the one I use and absolutely love it!) on medium heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil
Layer all the ingredients and in the amount that suites your fancy :)
Cook on each side for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is toasty!

Nutrition Information for 1 sandwich: Pheww, this isn't the lowest calorie, lowest sodium item I make!! Consider it a splurge item :) 11 WW pts!!!
Calories: 510
Fat grams: 11
Carbs: 75
Protein: 28
Fiber:3
(This information is for exactly what I used. If you alter recipe, remember nutrition values will change)

No comments:

Post a Comment