background

Friday, January 27

Friday's Freezer Friendly Food-Herb Butter


If you didn't already think I had too much time on my hands, now you will :) This week I made 1 lb. of herb butter to freeze. Whenever I make homemade bread, which is often, I always mix up some herb butter using just a few tablespoons. I decided to make a large batch to freeze for better convenience.

Use whatever spices you like. Here's what I did:
1 lb. butter, softened at room temperature for several hours (Not previously frozen)
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. Tastefully Simple season salt (B/c it was unsalted butter)
- Add all ingredients and mix using whisk attachment on Kitchen Aid
-Portion into 6, 1/2 c. Glade containers. (They were not full)
-Put all 6 containers into a large Ziploc bag so they aren't rolling all over my freezer. 
 -When ready to use, allow a hour to thaw.


No comments:

Post a Comment