background

Thursday, January 30

30 by 30~ January


So here it is, my last "30 by 30" post before I turn 30 29 (again). I am proud of the things I got marked off, although there are several I should have worked harder at. These monthly posts were a great motivator to me & I am in the works of coming up w another goal type post that will keep me accountable in 2014. Stay tuned & thanks for following along w me!


Blog Related:::
1. Host a blog give away. DONE. I held 1 in early June to celebrate my 250th post. I also had a giveaway in October for national breast cancer awareness month!
2. Host a guest post. DONE. For World Breast Feeding week I "interviewed" a friend, Ruth Nelson. Read about it here.
3. Keep up on blog series I have started (Happy Homemaker Monday, 2 on 2 & Pinterest Projects) Took off all of December & some in January but hoping to get into it :)

Home Related:::
4. Organize & de-clutter every room in the house month by month. Before our move I de-cluttered a lot.
5. Make several different household products. I tested several ways to clean w vinegar here is Part 1 and Part 2 , Foaming Hand Soap. and Dryer Sheets
6. Cook something for my freezer at least once a week. This month: refried beans, mini-banana muffins, almond butter brownies, cookies, waffles, individual baked oatmeal
7. Have a garage sale. DONE. Happened in April. I made about $70 and I sold things using Facebook & have made $99 in 1 week. :)
8. Add 'curb appeal' to our home (shrubs,grass, flowers, stone work etc.) Didn't do & won't happen now that we moved
9. Plant something I've never planted in my garden. DONE.We planted strawberries!
10. Hang an outside clothes line  Didn't do & won't happen now that we moved


Family Related:::
11. Go on a few dates w/ Kenny. Anniversary dinner at 157, Dish in July Mid-October we went on a lunch date to Pikks in Valpo. December we went to his Christmas dinner & in January we went to Valley in Valpo, delicious!!!
12. Plan a Shipshewana, IN trip. DONE.We went mid-August.
13. Plan something special for Ken's 30th birthday (September) DONE!
14. Document the year through pictures/Be more intentional w/ new camera Didn't do so good w this one
15. Take girls to the zoo. DONE.We went for Father's day.
16. Teach Cora the the letters of the alphabet. Here to admit she knows some letters but not all of them.
17. Open saving accounts for girls
18. Get back on track using coupons, price matching, staying w/i our weekly grocery budget So Far, So Good
19. Go on a family vacation DONE. WE WENT TO FLORIDA FOR 11 DAYS IN MARCH!

For Me:::
20. Lose baby weight (I'll do this slowly b/c I'm nursing. I will not start a crazy diet plan. My plan is simple: eat healthy, walk & give it time!) DONE!!!
21. Treat myself to a manicure OR pedicure. DONE. Went w/ some friends in May
22. Do something totally different with my hair, DONE. read this post.
23. Do something special for my 30th birthday (in February)
24. Create & implement a daily cleaning schedule Didn't do this, which is ok bc w our move I would have needed to change it if I had ;)
25. Start journaling my bible reading time. I need to get back into the routine of following Priscilla Shirer's 5 Ps of bible study.

For Others:::
26. Do something neighborly for at least 2 of my neighbors. We took Key Lime Cookies to our neighbors Jim & Rose & we also delivered a dozen sweet corn to another neighbor.
27. Get more involved in our Preschool program at church. DONE.
28. Teach at least 1 friend how to pressure and/or water bath can DONE. I pressured canned w my mom
29. Be a bell ringer for Salvation Army during the Christmas season. This didn't happen :(
30. Act out at least 3 random acts of kindness (No plan for this- I will wait for the Holy Spirit to guide me) These happened :)

No comments:

Post a Comment