background

Wednesday, May 15

Pinterest Projects- 45 Uses for Vinegar Part 2


I recently found a site via Pinterest w/ 45 home uses for vinegar! LOVED it. Be sure to read my "Part 1" post here.

Vinegar Failures: Here are 3 uses of vinegar that DID NOT work for me. I thought it would be just as useful to see my failures. Let me know if these worked for you. Maybe I was doing something wrong?
6. Tidy up a toilet Pour a cup or more of diluted white distilled vinegar into the bowl. Let sit several hours or overnight. Scrub well with a toilet brush and flush.
I'll spare you a picture of my toilet but trust me this did not work for mine. ;)
13. Banish weeds. Pour white distilled vinegar on the weeds growing in the cracks of your walkway and driveway. Saturate the plant so the vinegar reaches the roots. I saturated some dandelion weeds that were growing in my mulched area. It didn't seem to do much- just a little bit of burnt/dead area. But it didn't kill it completely so it was still had to pull it. So in my opinion it was just a waste of vinegar b/c I used a lot!!!
43. Unclog drains. For a natural, nontoxic way to clean clogged pipes, pour one cup of baking soda, followed by one cup of white vinegar, down the drain. Let the products bubble and foam, then flush the pipes with a pot of boiling water.
My shower drain was clogged so I tried this method. I saw no improvement at all! So, I had to pull out the Drano- which did the trick. I want to try this on a different drain that may not be as clogged.


41. Restore showerhead pressure. If your showerhead gets clogged with mineral deposits, soak it for 15 minutes in a mixture of ½ cup vinegar and 1 quart water.

Before=Ewww


After= So much better!
 I did add some baking soda so the vinegar solution would fizz- that seemed to help.

4. Kill bathroom germs. Spray full-strength vinegar around the sink and tub. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.                                
When I was reading up on vinegar I learned that it is antibacterial! So I made a squirt bottle to keep in the bathroom for when a certain lil girl "misses" when going potty!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment