background

Friday, August 16

Indiana Trip

I am back from my Indiana trip! Phew- I was busy! 2 years ago I posted here about an Indiana trip consisting of canning & preserving. I think I was even more busy this year....maybe the fussy 7 mo old had something to do with that?!?!?
The trip started off w a BANG at the Indiana State Fair! Ken's sister graciously offered us to stay at her house for 2 nights & we visited the fair all day Saturday, August 3rd. The kids had so much fun! The Indiana State fair has become a tradition for the Stoner family :)
Sunday Jackie, me & the girls loaded up in our van & headed to Valpo while Ken went back to Peoria for work.
Monday I took my friend, Jenna, to her first chemo treatment. She is fighting her battle against breast cancer like a warrior. (This is why there is a "Donate to Jenna" tab at the top right of the page)
Tuesday & Wednesday I processed 3 bushels (yes, 6 half bushels) of Peaches! Ah, my absolute favorite thing to preserve! Visit this post on how to freeze peaches. I froze a bunch, canned halves, canned peach salsa & peach butter. I also put up 20lbs of blueberries & approximately 20 qts of sweet corn.
Thursday my mom, sister-in-law, her girls & me & my girls spent the day in Shipshewana, IN aka Amish Country! I love going- we never  seem to have enough time though! We spent about 2 hours in a bulk food store. And honestly I could have stayed longer ;)
Friday & Saturday I prepared for a Pampered Chef show!
All & All it was a great week! Looking forward to next year!
 
In front of the beloved Dairy Barn

Cora's favorite, the carousel

So glad they had each other



Cora's 1st elephant ear! She loved it!

Watching the sheep show w Daddy

On the trolley that took us all around the fairgrounds

Evie had dinner at Grandma Stoner's aka Gma Evie :) This picture is priceless to me!

Beautiful peaches

Cora had a blast w all of her IN cousins. Maybe too much fun "cleaning" the brownie pan?!?!

Shipshewana. Rise N Roll bakery! YUM!

Ooops, sorry Evie, just now realizing I cut you out of this picture!

My E & S goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment